Nutmeg is known to us as a spice with a spicy, pungent taste and a pleasant specific aroma. It is the fruit of the Muscat, which is native to the Moluccas.
Currently, trees are grown mainly in countries with tropical climates, such as Africa, Brazil, India.
The benefits of nutmeg due to its diverse composition. It contains proteins, fats, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, vitamins (ascorbic acid, vitamin A, folic acid, niacin, thiamine, pyridoxine, riboflavin), trace elements (calcium, iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus).
Nutmeg should be eaten carefully, because its caloric content is high - 525 kcal per 100 grams.
Nutmeg is used in cooking, medicine, cosmetology.
Spice is most often used to prepare sweet dishes - cakes, gingerbread, cookies, cupcakes, rolls, cakes, candies. Very tasty jam or jam with the addition of nutmeg. This spice is often added to various meat and fish dishes, vegetable dishes, soups and salads.
In the food industry, nutmeg seasoning is added in the manufacture of ketchup, tomato paste, sausages, cheese.
Nutmeg elegantly complements the taste of pumpkin, potatoes, cabbage, carrots, spinach, baked fruit.
This spice is added to coffee, mulled wine, tea.
Useful properties of nutmeg will be revealed better if you add it to the dish at the end of cooking, but if it is used for t and hundred, it is better to enter it in the process of mixing.
We have already figured out where nutmeg is added, now let's talk about the benefits it brings to our body.
Useful properties and contraindications of nutmeg
- The plant has an excellent effect on human brain activity.
- Nutmeg fights insomnia well, relieves fatigue, irritability. Relaxes and leads to emotional calm.
- The spice helps to dilate blood vessels, lowers blood pressure, facilitates the activity of the cardiovascular system.
- Potassium, which is part of the spice has a positive effect on bone health.
- Nutmeg is able to cope with bad breath, improve the microflora of the oral cavity, maintain healthy gums.
- The spice is able to cleanse the liver and kidneys of toxins and toxins.
- Nutmeg oil is able to stop the division of cancer cells in the body.
- Nutmeg oil has a beneficial effect on the condition of hair and skin.
- Nutmeg with kefir and cinnamon is drunk for weight loss. The effect is amazing!
Ground nuts can bring both benefits and harms. It should not be used for epilepsy, pregnancy, allergies and young children. It is recommended to use the spice in limited quantities.
How to replace nutmeg, if it is not at hand?
Unfortunately, there is no complete analogue. But instead you can add ground black pepper, garlic, curry or marjoram to the dish.
If you do not know where to buy whole nutmeg, then you have come to the right place.
In the photo above you can see what the spice looks like.
You can buy nutmeg in our online store at a great price, both wholesale and retail!