Sage (Salvia) is a very tasty and useful plant that belongs to the family of yarrow. The plant has green, oblong, slightly rounded leaves, and pale purple flowers, gathered in long inflorescences.
Homeland sage is considered to be the Mediterranean. In the wild, the plant is found in Russia, the Czech Republic, Moldova, Ukraine, Italy, Greece, France.
Sage is a very useful plant because it contains proteins, fats, carbohydrates, a large number of vitamins, macro and micronutrients, fatty acids.
The plant is used in cooking, cosmetology and medicine.
Sage leaves have a spicy, spicy smell and bitter taste.
The spice goes well with fish, meat and poultry, vegetables, especially potatoes, zucchini).
Sage improves the taste of soups with peas and beans.
The plant is used for marinating chicken, turkey, as a filling for pies.
Sage helps reduce fat in meat, as well as prevents the appearance of bacteria in foods.
Sage is a great addition to tea.
Medicinal properties of sage
- The spice has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Thanks to vitamin A, which is contained in the plant, sage is able to prevent age-related changes in the body, as well as accelerate cell regeneration.
- If you rinse your hair with a solution of rosemary and sage, they will become much stronger and shiny, will acquire a lively look.
- The aroma of sage is able to resist depression, improve memory and brain activity.
- Eating sage in the diet can reduce sweating by up to 50%.
- The plant is able to resist some skin infections.
- Sage decoction will help you to restore digestion, bring it out of lethargy, improve liver and pancreatic function.
- Sage has a positive effect on the health of the gums.
- The plant contains vitamin K, which helps to form and maintain bone strength.
- Sage helps to get rid of cough, bronchitis, sore throat.
Contraindications to the use of sage
The plant is not recommended for pregnant women; people with diseases of the nervous system; patients suffering from polycystosis, nephritis, hypothyroidism, endometriosis. It is also not recommended to give sage to children under five.
You can buy fragrant sage in our online store at an affordable price.
Sage can be bought wholesale and retail from 100 grams.