Sumac - a crushed fruit of a plant belonging to the genus Cashew.
The homeland of sumac is considered to be Southern Europe, Iran, Africa, Afghanistan.
Let's find out what kind of spice is this? And from what make seasoning sums?
Sumac is a shrub that has another name "vinegar tree". The plant has very beautiful imparipinnate leaves, which turn yellow in autumn and later purple.
The flowers of this plant are velvety, ruby in color.
The seasoning itself is obtained from the berries of the tree, which are sour in taste.
Ground sumac is very useful because it has a rich chemical composition. Fruits contain fatty acids, vitamins B, C, macro and micronutrients, amino acids, organic acids (citric, malic, fumaric).
Sumy has found its application in cooking, folk and official medicine.
Sumac is a universal spice in almost all cuisines of the world.
Spice can be added to marinades, salads, vegetable stews, pilaf. Perfectly combines sumac with cereals, legumes, vegetables.
Skewers, steaks, lyulya-kebab, shurma and other meat dishes will acquire a beautiful color and exquisite aroma if seasoned with sumac.
Sumac is added during canning, preparation of sauces, dressings. It can be added to sausages, cheeses, minced meat and various fillings.
The great advantage of sumac is that it is combined with many spices, namely sesame seeds, cloves, star anise, hot peppers, nutmeg, thyme, coriander and many others.
How to replace sums? If you have sums in the recipe, but it was not at hand, you can replace it with lemon juice or ground barberry berries.
Let's understand what are the useful properties of the spice
- Sumac has a positive effect on the digestive system.
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol. It is used in the treatment of diabetes, obesity.
- Spice helps get rid of free radicals and prevent diseases such as stroke, diabetes, heart disease.
- Sumac has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it is recommended for colds, bronchitis, arthritis, inflammation of the skin.
- The spice removes toxins from the body.
- Sumac has antimicrobial action, which helps it fight salmonella and other dangerous bacteria.
Sumac spice is useful, but you need to take precautions. It is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women. It is not necessary to use sums to those who accept any preparations controlling water balance in an organism.
You can buy ground sums of excellent quality and at an affordable price in our online store.
You can buy sums both wholesale and retail from 100 grams.