Cumin is a herbaceous plant of the Umbelliferae family. As a seasoning, seeds are used, which have a pleasant nutty aroma and soft, pleasant taste.
Homeland of the star - India. Now the spice is grown in America, Iran, Africa, Afghanistan.
Useful properties of cumin due to the content of essential oils, cimen, pine, dipentene, thymol, cumin alcohol, aldehyde.
Zira seasoning is used in cooking, cosmetology and medicine.
Novice cooks are confused and believe that cumin (cumin) and cumin are one and the same.
No, these are completely different spices. Whatever you are confused, let's understand the difference between cumin and star. Due to the fact that they belong to the same family, spices are similar in appearance, but the taste and properties are different.
Cumin has a strong, pronounced nutty aroma, while cumin is more delicate. Another difference: star seeds are smaller and thinner.
In cooking, cumin is very popular in Asian and Oriental cuisines. Mostly seasoning is added to marinades, pilaf, vegetable dishes, meat, legumes. It improves the taste of various soups, sauces, salads and fish.
Cumin is also added when baking bread and confectionery. For example, in Central Asia, zira is the main spice that is added to minced meat for sausages. Ground eyes and whole grains are used in cooking.
Useful properties of the star
- Cumin improves the work of the gastrointestinal tract, increases appetite.
- The spice is used in diseases of the kidneys and stomach, colic, diarrhea.
- Zira is a spice that can remove toxins and toxins from the body.
- Spice helps to cope with insomnia.
- Cumin will help deal with acne and rashes.
- With the help of the star you can overcome bouts of nausea.
- Zira is a spice that is recommended for bronchitis and cough.
- Another star is useful for weight loss. It has a diuretic and cleansing effect.
We have understood the useful properties of cumin, now let's consider the contraindications to use.
It is not recommended to use spices for inflammation of the gastric mucosa, as well as if you have a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer.
You can buy cumin in our online store at a great price.
In the photo above, you can see what the star looks like.
The spice is sold both wholesale and retail.