Among the huge number of medicinal plants, anise occupies an important place. It has a tart, sweet smell and looks like small brown flowers.
Anise has found its application in the pharmaceutical industry, in the food industry, perfumery, and even in alcoholic beverages.
Now, the main purpose of anise - seasoning. It is used in the preparation of various sweet dishes, sauces, salads, drinks (sambuca, aniseed vodka, etc.).
The most important part of anise is the seeds. In other words - the fruits of anise. They contain a large number of vitamins (ascorbic acid, B vitamins, folic acid) and minerals (magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, copper, zinc, etc.). Similarly, the essential oils of anise contain: anethole, sugar, protein, anise ketol, anise acid).
Anise fruits are part of many medicinal fees.
Useful properties of anise
Due to the large number of properties of anise, it helps to get rid of a number of diseases:
- The seeds have anti-inflammatory properties, and are excellent for rinsing and treating throat diseases.
- Anise has a beneficial effect on the stomach, liver, stimulates the proper functioning of the intestines.
- Spice helps with coughs, bronchitis, asthma. This is due to the fact that the composition contains a large amount of essential oil, which stimulates the discharge of sputum.
- You can use anise in the form of decoctions, infusions or as a food supplement.
- Anise removes harmful substances from the body, so it is used as a natural sorbent.
- Helps with headaches, migraines, stress, depression, apathy.
- Can be used for pain and muscle cramps.
- Anise also helps during menopause, menstrual irregularities.
- Anise fruits improve kidney function.
- It can be used for bad breath.
Anise is often confused with thistle , thinking that it is two and the same plants. This is a mistake, because star anise and anise are two completely different spices. They are the same in appearance and have a similar smell, which is why they are confused.
Like any spice, anise has its own contraindications
Despite the fact that anise has many useful properties, it can have harmful effects on the human body. Spice can not be used if you have:
- individual intolerance of spices;
- during pregnancy.
Prolonged use can lead to allergies. If you have any skin rashes, acne or cuts, you should not use anise oil.
You can buy anise seeds in a pharmacy, but in our online store they are of excellent quality and low price.