Allspice is a rough gray-brown peas, which taste like black pepper, and smell like a mixture of cloves with cinnamon and nutmeg.
The spice is native to Central America, and peppers are also grown in South America, Cuba, Jamaica, Honduras and Costa Rica.
Many people are confused and convinced that allspice and black pepper are one and the same. But no, allspice is the fruit of the tree, and peas are the fruit of the curly bush. And in addition, they have different flavors. In black pepper it is sharp and specific, and in fragrant spicy and pleasant.
The benefits of pepper are due to its diverse composition. It contains proteins, fats, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, vitamins (niacin, vitamins A, C, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folic acid), minerals (copper, iron, zinc, manganese, magnesium, calcium).
In cooking, it is customary to season a variety of dishes with allspice. It gives them a chic aroma and can change their taste.
Pepper is added to various soups, appetizers, main dishes of chicken, pork, etc. meat. Serves as an additive in minced meat, sausages, pates, meat rolls.
No marinade has been without peas of allspice, garlic and bay leaf.
Rarely, but some desserts and pastries are made with hints of allspice.
In the food industry it is used in alcoholic beverage production. Allspice flavors salted herring, canned food, hard cheeses.
The average consumption of allspice is 2-3 pieces.
Useful properties of allspice
- The spice helps to relieve inflammation.
- Pepper promotes healthy digestion, reduces stomach pain, reduces bloating.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Allspice is able to neutralize free radicals and eliminate them in the body.
- If you rinse your mouth with a solution of allspice, it will help strengthen the gums, improve the mucous membranes of the mouth.
- Due to the high content of potassium in peppers, it is able to help the cardiovascular system.
- Its use has an excellent effect on metabolism.
- Relieve daily stress and help fall asleep a glass of milk with honey, cloves and allspice.
The useful properties of sweet pepper peas are enough to make it a must-have spice in your kitchen.
You can not only buy but also grow allspice at home. But it requires certain conditions: it must be warm and sunny, the temperature at which the plant is comfortable 20-25 °; the humidity level in the room must be maintained; it is necessary not to forget to water pepper, and not usual cold water, and warm.
Growing allspice is quite difficult, so if you do not want to bother, you can just buy it.
And you can buy fragrant, sweet pepper peas in our online store.
In the photo above you can see what the spice looks like.
Allspice can be bought both wholesale and retail at a great price!