Coriander is a herbaceous plant that has a unique odor. Coriander is otherwise called cilantro.
This spice is highly valued in the cuisine of Indonesia and China.
The leaves of the plant are called cilantro, and the seeds - coriander.
The seeds are round and brown. The taste of the seeds is completely different from the greens.
This spice is very useful. It contains essential oils, proteins, starch, vitamins (A, C, PP, B vitamins), trace elements (iodine, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium).
Coriander seeds are a source of rutin, tannins, carotene, organic acids.
Such spices as coriander are found in cooking, cosmetology, perfumery and medicine.
Coriander - a spice quite common in cooking. Use not only greens and seeds, but also the roots of the plant. Seeds are added mainly to pastries (rolls, loaves, gingerbread, cookies), marinades, a mixture of spices. They improve the aroma of legumes, poultry and game. Greens give a great aroma of salads, vegetable soups, stews, fish and meat dishes.
Coriander is a spice that improves the quality of beer and kvass. In European countries, coriander is used for beer production.
Useful properties and contraindications of coriander
- Tidies up the nervous system, calms, helps relieve stress.
- Coriander - a spice that activates insulin production, lowers blood sugar. It is especially useful to use the spice in the diet of people with diabetes.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of cilantro help relieve the symptoms of arthritis.
- The plant helps to get rid of conjunctivitis, and prevents the development of any eye diseases.
- Coriander seeds are great for menstrual problems.
- The spice prevents the development of anemia.
- Coriander can reduce allergic reactions.
- Due to the high content of calcium and minerals, coriander prevents bone degradation and fills the body with substances.
According to these properties, we can conclude that the benefits of coriander are very large. Therefore, it should be in the kitchen of any housewife.
Coriander can not only be bought but also grown.
Growing coriander from seed is a very simple task, because it is frost-resistant and precocious plant. Seeds are sown in open ground from about mid to late April. Cilantro loves moisture, so when growing plants you need to watch this, otherwise the leaves will become rough.
You can buy coriander in our online store at a great price. In the photo above you can see what it looks like.
The spice can be purchased both wholesale and retail.