Chickpeas are an annual plant of the legume family. It is also called lamb or Turkish peas. Represents round peas of milk color, with easy nutty taste and refreshing taste.
Homeland chickpeas - Asia. Today grown in Africa, India, Eastern Europe, Central and Central Asia, the Mediterranean.
Chickpeas are an insanely useful plant, the king of legumes! It is rich in high-quality vegetable protein and fats, which are highly valued by vegetarians. Chickpeas contain a lot of trace elements, fiber, amino acids, dietary fiber, vitamins B and E. The caloric content of chickpeas is high - 320 kcal per 100 grams, so to get enough of them, you do not have to eat much.
The benefits of vegetarian legume culture
- Due to the fact that chickpeas are high in fiber, it is useful in diabetes.
- A large number of minerals, maintains strength and strengthens bones.
- Chickpeas regulate and improve digestion.
- Due to the fact that chickpeas are rich in potassium, it is able to lower blood pressure, in addition, chickpeas support the cardiovascular system.
- The plant has a lot of dietary fiber, which reduces appetite and well saturates the body. Due to this, we consume fewer calories per day.
- Turkish peas contain selenium in its natural form. This mineral helps to remove harmful, carcinogenic substances from the body.
- In addition, chickpeas prevent the proliferation of cancer cells.
Chickpeas: harm to the body
- Chickpeas are not recommended if you are allergic to this product.
- All legumes increase gas, so it is not recommended to abuse the product to people who have a stomach problem.
- Chickpeas are forbidden to eat those who suffer from gout, nephritis, urinary ulcers.
- Not recommended for people with circulatory failure, cholecystitis, thrombophlebitis.
Recipes for popular dishes with chickpeas
To cook chickpeas, you need to start cooking them. It all starts with the fact that we soak chickpeas for 12 hours. Salt the water in which the lamb peas are soaked, this will soften the hard shell of chickpeas. After 12 hours, chickpeas can be safely cooked.
If you are going to cook puree or hummus - cook for 1.5 hours. If it is for salad or soup, or for deep frying, then 1 hour will be enough.
Once you have cooked the chickpeas, you can start cooking delicious meals. Recipes - the sea!
Vegetable salad with chickpeas
- Boiled chickpeas - 1 cup
- Cucumbers - 2 pcs
- Tomatoes - 2 amount
- Lettuce - a bunch
- Lemon oil and juice - for dressing
- Salt, spices - to taste
Everything is very simple:
- We tear the salad with our hands;
- We cut vegetables;
- Pour chickpeas;
- Water everything with oil and lemon juice;
- Add salt and spices;
- Stir and a delicious, healthy salad is ready!
- You can add fresh herbs if desired!
Chickpea soup recipe
Ingredients for the dish:
- Chickpeas - 100-150 grams
- Potatoes - 0.5 kg
- Carrots - 1
- Sweet pepper - 1
- Tomato paste-tube is small
- Butter - for frying
- Greens - optional
Method of cooking:
- For this dish chickpeas need to be soaked overnight;
- Next, we put the swollen chickpeas on the fire and cook for an hour;
- While our peas are cooking, chop onions, grate carrots and fry on the stove. Add tomato paste and chopped pepper. Fry on low heat for 15 minutes;
- Peel and cut the potatoes, add to the pan with chickpeas;
- Pour the roast into a saucepan, salt, pepper and cook until the potatoes are ready!
Chickpea hummus recipe
Hummus is a homogeneous, creamy paste. It is served with vegetables, chips, crackers, etc. What we need:
- Tahini paste of ground sesame seeds;
- Olive oil;
- Lemon juice;
- Salt, garlic;
Method of cooking:
- Chickpeas, as always, soak overnight, then cook for 1.5 - 2 hours;
- Cooked chickpeas are cooled;
- Add to it all the ingredients and beat in a blender or food processor, or mash;