Quinoa is a little-known cereal that is gaining more and more popularity today. This cereal belongs to the Lobod family, which grows on mountain slopes in South America.
The largest quinoa productions are located in Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador.
Quinoa is called the cereal of the Indians. The ancient Incas spoke of quinoa: "Golden Grain" and considered it a sacred cereal.
Quinoa seeds are similar in appearance to buckwheat, only smaller in size. The color depends on the variety. Quinoa is found in red, white, brown and black.
Red quinoa is a very useful product. It contains a lot of protein, more than any cereals, carbohydrates, fats, fiber, phosphorus, iron, calcium, zinc and many vitamins.
Quinoa porridge can be eaten as a sweet breakfast, with dried fruits and nuts, you can also add cereal to various salads, casseroles, soups or eat alone as a side dish. In a vegetarian diet, quinoa is often used in sandwiches.
Quinoa seeds can also be sprinkled on pies or cookies.
How to cook quinoa?
Cooking red quinoa is not difficult at all. First, quinoa should be filled with water for a couple of hours or overnight. Then rinse well before cooking and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
The benefits of red quinoa
- Quinoa has a tonic effect on the body, cleanses, diuretic, choleretic, anti-inflammatory.
- This product is free of gluten, which affects many people, can cause immune problems and increase intestinal permeability.
- Quinoa contains antioxidants that help protect our body from free radicals. Namely, it helps to slow down aging, fight depression, strengthen bones, protect against viruses.
- The high content of fiber in the body is useful for the digestive tract. It prevents constipation, improves bowel function.
- Quinoa is very useful after illness or surgery. Promotes rapid recovery, replenishment of energy.
- Quinoa is very useful for strengthening the immune system.
- It is recommended to use quinoa for brain function. It has a positive effect on the human nervous system, improves memory, concentration, reaction.
Contraindications to the use of red quinoa
It is not recommended to use quinoa in case of individual intolerance. In the diet of children and pregnant women should be introduced gradually.
You can buy red quinoa in our online store wholesale and retail at an affordable price.