Tarragon (tarragon) - is a herbaceous perennial plant that belongs to the aster family. The plant is also called "lemonade herb", as it is from it make everyone's favorite childhood drink "Tarragon".
The taste of tarragon is very interesting and refreshing, is a mixture of mint, anise.
The plant is grown in Europe, Central and Southeast Asia, Canada, Mexico, America and even Alaska.
Tarragon - a very useful herb, as it contains carbohydrates, some protein, vitamins A, B, PP, C, micro and macronutrients.
Tarragon is used in cooking and medicine.
The most basic cuisines where tarragon is used are French and Arabic. Almost all traditional dishes of these peoples contain tarragon.
In cooking, herbs are great for pickling and pickling vegetables. It will not only improve the taste, but will not allow bacteria to appear and preserve the firmness and taste of vegetables.
Tarragon is added to various fillings, hot dishes.
Tarragon can be used in cooking minced meat, fish, potatoes, vegetables. You can add the plant to rice, pilaf, okroshka, dairy products.
Tarragon is indispensable in some sauces, mayonnaise and green oil.
A very popular refreshing drink in the world, which is prepared on the basis of this plant. In addition, the spice is used in the preparation of liqueurs, as well as for flavoring wines.
How to replace tarragon, if it is not at hand?
Instead, you can add seeds or dried fennel or dill.
Useful properties and contraindications of tarragon
- Tarragon helps to get rid of migraines and headaches.
- The plant helps to increase immunity.
- Tarragon has a positive effect on the nervous system, fights stress, depression, insomnia.
- The plant is recommended for toothache, inflamed gums, stomatitis.
- Tarragon - a spice that has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract, improves digestion, improves appetite.
- Tarragon eliminates inflammatory processes in the urinary tract, normalizes the work of these organs.
- The plant helps with wound healing. It is also used to treat rheumatism and arthritis.
Contraindications to the use of tarragon
Tarragon is forbidden to consume in large quantities, it can lead to nausea and vomiting. The plant is not recommended for people with gastric ulcer or gastritis. Tarragon should not be used by pregnant and nursing mothers, as well as if you are allergic to this product.
You can buy tarragon of excellent quality in our online store at an affordable price.
You can buy tarragon (tarragon) wholesale and retail from 100 grams.