Poppy is a seed of a herbaceous plant from the poppy family. Poppy flowers are red, yellow, cream and even black. Young poppy has a sweet taste and gives the food a delicate nutty aroma.
Confectionery poppy consists mainly of their fats (77%), protein (13%), carbohydrates (10%). It also contains minerals and vitamins. Caloric content of blue poppy per 100 grams is 505 calories.
Useful properties of blue poppy
- Normalizes the nervous system.
- Improves mood.
- Poppy is an antioxidant and protects our body from harmful substances.
- Helps to cope with insomnia.
- Cough syrups are often made from blue poppy seeds because it has an expectorant effect.
- Decoction of blue poppy seeds relieves toothache and ear pain.
Contraindications to the use of blue poppy
If you eat poppy above normal, it can lead to weight gain, because it is high in calories. Poppy is contraindicated in people with chronic constipation, gallstones, liver disease, emphysema, bronchial asthma. It is also not recommended to use poppy for the elderly and children under 2 years.