Pumpkin is a very useful fruit, a source of many vitamins. The pumpkin family is North and South America. Pumpkin has seeds that are a source of nutrients. Almost the entire Mendeleev table is concentrated in them.
Peeled pumpkin seeds contain vitamins A, B, C, D, E and even a rare vitamin K; macro and micronutrients that are necessary for the body, amino acids. Pumpkin seeds are high in fat, per 100 grams - as much as 50 g of fat, protein - 30 g, the remaining dietary fiber and water. Caloric content - 550 kcal per 100 grams of product.
Benefits and harms of pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin seeds contain magnesium, which strengthens bones and tissue.
- Dried pumpkin seeds contain antioxidants, omega-3 and omega-6 fats. All these elements are very useful for the heart and blood vessels. Fiber reduces the risk of diseases such as arrhythmia, thrombosis, coronary heart disease.
- Pumpkin seeds are good for diabetics. It lowers blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Another useful property of pumpkin seeds is the ability to bring the nervous system in order. The seeds help with insomnia.
- Useful pumpkin for the eyes. Phosphorus in combination with antioxidants protect the retina from ultraviolet rays, maintain good vision.
- Pumpkin seeds have a positive effect on the intestines, provide a long feeling of satiety, fight overweight.
- The benefit of pumpkin seeds for men is that they reduce the risk of infertility; antioxidants normalize testosterone levels in the blood, improves the health of the reproductive system.
- Regular consumption of seeds improves the condition and health of hair and skin.
Pity pumpkin seeds
If you overdo it with pumpkin seeds, it can lead to:
- to diarrhea
- to bloating
- to constipation
How much should you eat pumpkin seeds a day?
- To prevent them, you can eat - up to 30 grams per day.
- During pregnancy, it is better not to get carried away with pumpkin seeds, it is enough to eat up to 40 seeds a day.
- From worms pumpkin seeds can be eaten in any form: fried, raw, ground, as a decoction, with milk / honey / garlic / butter. Raw will be the most effective. They should be eaten in the morning on an empty stomach. You need to chew 50 pumpkin seeds well. In 30 minutes you can have breakfast.
How to dry pumpkin seeds yourself?
It is very easy to dry pumpkin seeds at home. To do this, we need a pumpkin, a paper towel and a shallow container.
First, remove the seeds from the pumpkin and wash off the flesh of the fruit. Spread the seeds on a paper towel so that the seeds do not touch each other. Next, dry the seeds in a warm place or in the sun, turning to the other side. After we have dried our seeds, store them in a tightly closed container.
There are many dishes that you can cook at home from pumpkin - porridge, pies, juice, salad, baked pumpkin, etc. But there is one interesting recipe that we would like to share with you - Urbech from pumpkin seeds. This is a pasta that can be added to cocktails, salads, smoothies or simply used as a pasta for bread.
Method of cooking:
1. Pour the roasted seeds in a blender and grind to a flour state.
2. Add olive oil to it and grind again for 1 minute.
3. Transfer the finished Urbech into glass jars, close tightly and put in the refrigerator. Bon appetit!